Amarok 3.0 beta (2.9.82) out now!

Nice to hear your experiences and very fine and valid comments!

Indeed, lyric fetching in the context applet doesn’t probably work at the moment. It’s something that I haven’t used myself, so I haven’t yet paid much (any) attention to it yet.

Wikipedia applet is also maybe not quite optimal. Looking at git log, Malte Veerman and Pedro Gomes did very nice job getting it to run on KF5 some years ago, but it hasn’t received attention thereafter yet. I have some ideas for improving it, but I’ve figured that’s probably post-3.0 work.

Web services are an interesting topic. There are many, they might be dynamic and might need adapting to once in a while. On the other hand, they are quite contained, so if one should have a favourite online service, the threshold for developing (or updating an existing) Amarok Internet service for it might not be too high. There some examples available in the sources (e.g. Jamendo is functional code-wise, but their old API doesn’t work any more, so it’s disabled by default)
Last.fm pretty much works, however they’ve discontinued their Radio service so I guess I should remove those non-functional radio streams from UI. Also it seems that some new login code might be necessary (although existing sessions from Amarok 2 still remain functional). Additionally, some of the Flickr photos in Photos applet fail to load, apparently due to QML HTTP request headers, that’s something I’d maybe like to fix before 3.0.

Breeze dark and black letters: Thank you for the notice! Those kind of things are something I’d definitely like to fix before 3.0, so putting it on top of my TODO list. However, I somewhy can’t reproduce that even when applying Breeze Dark colour scheme:

Seems like my dark and light colours are kind of inverted when compared to yours. Even when setting the whole look-and-feel to Breeze Dark, I’m somewhy not getting the result in your screenshot. If you have any ideas what is the difference and how to reproduce, I’m very interested to hear them.