Continuous use of deprecated or already removed filters

Hi, I am new to discuss.kde.org. However, I love using KDE products and constantly using them since I first came to know it.

Currently I am using, Kubuntu as my os and Kdenlive as video editor.

But today I have come here with a question in mind. That’s,

I am using kdenlive from long ago. But in kdenlive, especially in effects panel there is a section named DEPRECATED FILTER.

These deprecated filters might be completely removed in subsequent version of kdenlive. But I love using them and moreover don’t want to lose them.

I know, causing these incompatible or abandoned filters there might be multiple issues.
That’s why there is a caution, use them “at your own risk”.

After accepting the risk of using them, I want to know answer of the following questions;-

1. Does kdenlive developers provide complementary filters in place of deprecated filters ?

For instance, in place of dither filter, what filter is going to incorporated in the upcoming versions.

1. How can I use these deprecated filters (not only those found in recent version of kdenlive but all those removed filters from kdenlive in past too) ?

2. How filters work in kdenlive ?

For instance, I tried placing, .so or .xml effects file (such as, frei0r plugins) in various folder, such as,

{
home/.local/share/kdenlive/effects
home/.local/share/kdenlive/effect-templates
home/.local/share/kdenlive/transitions
}

etc. and many more places. But no luck. Nothing worked.

I am now requesting, anyone please help me regarding working principle of effects and transitions in kdenlive in a step by step manner.

Thanks in advance.

Kdenlive dev team does not provide their own filters/effects. They come from MLT, so you need to ask the MLT Framework developers that question :wink:

How can I use these deprecated filters (not only those found in recent version of kdenlive but all those removed filters from kdenlive in past too) ?

I don’t think filters are removed per se. There is a blacklist (which will be changed to a white list approach) with filters that do not work or require a complex UI. So, if you are tech savvy you can circumvent that. This may require to compile Kdenlive yourself. You find more information on the Kdenlive Gitlab.