Effects cannot be deleted (kdenlive version 23.04.1)

Hello, I have recently started using KDENlive and I have the problem that I cannot delete the effects I have used.
I have already tried the following:

1. Right click on the inserted effect in the timeline. Then a window opens and I can click on “Delete effect”. However, the effect is not deleted, but the clip/sequence is marked.

2.Mark the effect in the timeline and then click on “Tools”. The “delete effect” function is not selectable there.

1. It is not possible to move the effect to the trash under “Properties” because no trash symbol is displayed there.

Since this topic doesn’t exist here yet, I’m probably missing a little something.

I use the Mac Version.

Postscript: The delete key does not work either.

I am sorry I cannot help you with MacOS. I quickly checked it on my 23.04.1 appimage version on Pop!_OS 22.04 and all methods work like intended except for “Tools” because that only refers to Timeline tools like cutting or selecting. Perhaps you meant the “Clip” menu.

I suggest you check out the Kdenlive Telegram or Reddit channels. There might be a few more MacOS users out there. If you don’t get a response simply open a bug report in bugs.kde.org

First of all, thank you for your answer.
Yes, that was my mistake. Clip is correct. Since I meant it, I should have written it :wink:

Thank you very much for the help. I will do that.