Font by external tool

Does anyone happen to know if the font in a Kate doc could be changed on the fly with an external tool instead of going into the settings first?
A switch command that can be put on the toolbar. Maybe some typewriter type plugin with a font dropdown like in Okular? I could be missing something altogether but, right now, I mostly use Google docs or some to achieve this.

I’m not sure if I understand you correctly but kate is a programming editor. You can’t (and don’t want to) have multiple fonts within one document as kate produces text files. It’s a feature that those text files will look differently depending on the software you use to view/edit them.

If you want a replacement for Google Docs, give LibreOffice a try. That’s a full featured office suite that contains a word processing software that allows you to use different fonts and graphics and all in a document.

Kate is, amongst other things, a programming editor. Let’s say it’s a text editor overall. I asked the question because, mind you, I could certainly be wrong, that if a font style was changed in kate, the text could be saved as such ( in save>modi…something). With that given font style. Again, I could be wrong. I know if you open that text afterwards, it will open in the global font, but my initial question was misleading, my bad. The question should’ve been, is it possible to switch a text font in kate from an external tool so that it can be exported as pdf in that given font?. A font chooser like the one in, for example, okular’s typewriter would be even better.

Sorry, I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. Are you trying to make a PDF of a text file in a certain font? What external tool do you mean?

External tools. This stuff:

But I looked around and it’s not possible anyway.