Getting unmet dependencies issue with KDE Neon

When running pkcon update, I am getting this issue on both desktop PCs. Strangely enough, this is not happening on any of my laptops that also run Neon.

Fatal error: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  kio-extras5: Depends: kio-extras5-data (= 4:24.02.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build3) but 4:24.02.0-0xneon+22.04+jammy+release+build4 is to be installed

Is there a fix for this?

Did you run pkcon refresh (or sudo apt update) first?

This may indicate an outdated package list.

I always do before I run pkcon update. I even just ran sudo apt update. Same problem.

But, here’s the interesting thing, I can update with Discover.

I have the exact same issue. And I can’t dodge it with Discover, it simply doesn’t launch (without showing any error, of course :confused: )

Guess I am lucky. I can still run Discover. And for now, I just disabled the Neon ppa until they can fix it. I find getting Ubuntu base packages is more important.

After a few rebootings and an apt dist-upgrade, I was finally able to launch Discover and update through there… really weird stuff

Yeah. I tried just now apt dist-upgrade. Still not working. I’m just doing to leave it by keeping the neon repo disabled so that I can receive the Ubuntu updates at the very least. I’m also glad I chose to use only Flatpak versions of the apps I use too.