I'm having some trouble getting to the SMS app

I am using the Endeavor OS distribution of Arch Linux, and I installed kdeconnect via yay and installing “aur/kdeconnect-git 24.01.75.r1.g5db4263-1 (+158 0.00)”.

I have given the mobile(Android) app permission to look at text messages already. When I try to run the sms app by using the terminal with the command “kdeconnect-sms” it returns the following:

QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/qml/main.qml:67:28: Type ConversationList unavailable
qrc:/qml/ConversationList.qml:13:28: Library import requires a version
qrc:/qml/ConversationList.qml:14:38: Library import requires a version

It then proceeds to never stop loading. Or at least that’s what I think is happening. The terminal stops producing output, but also accepts no more input.

That’s because KDE Connect is now on Qt6, why not use the regular kde connect package?

The packages yay came up with were:

aur/firefox-extension-kdeconnect
aur/gconnect-git
aur/kdeconnect-git
extra/kdeconnect

I don’t use firefox, and to my knowledge “gconnect” is for GNOME and “extra” means it is some sort of addon. So “kdeconnect-git” seemed like the most reasonable option.

Right, confusingly extra here just means it comes from the “Extra” repository which is separate from the core repositories. That’s the one you want to use :slight_smile:

No. Please read:
Official repositories - ArchWiki
Arch User Repository - ArchWiki

Generally you should only install packages from the official repositories unless you have a reason to use the AUR.