KAlarm window not resized to display big font message

Hello,
I am a new here, although I am a long time KDE user,
I started using KAlarm to remind me to drink and take periodic breaks, while I am at work (yes, my company adopts Linux only workstations, fortunately).

The problem is that I configured a window reminder with a huge font, but apparently popup windows doesn’t get resized to display the entire message.

Does anyone have the same experience?

Thank you

Alarm windows should resize to fit their contents. On my system, a very big font results in a very big alarm window. Can you provide a screenshot showing an alarm window which isn’t resized correctly?

Are you using X11 or Wayland?

Thanks for replying.

My system information is:

KAlarm: Version 3.5.3 (KDE Gear 22.12.0)

Operating System: Fedora Linux 36
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.2.15-100.fc36.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland

This is how alarm window is displayed:

kalarm

It works correctly on both X11 and Wayland for me, using up to date software. Wayland when first offered by Plasma had quite a few issues, and has been under active development to fix them, but is still not perfect. I suspect that the version of Wayland which you are using, which is relatively old (a year and a half ago) is perhaps responsible for it not working correctly.

It would be interesting to know whether an up to date version of Fedora works.

If you say that on more recent platforms is fine, it is likely that the problem is just that.
I have not the possibility to upgrade this machine’s software as managed by the company IT. I will see how it does on personal machines where I can apply any software update.

Confirmed, it works on recent KDE