Kate Editor - Sidebar font size

Hello,

I am on kubuntu 22.04 and have installed Kate as a snap as the natively packaged version is quite old. The snap version is 23.08.4

I’m finding the font size of some of the UI elements is quite small - in particular things in the sidebar such as “Documents”, “Projects” and “Git” and the file trees associated with them.

I haven’t been able to find a setting to change the font size of this. I can see how to change editor font size though, and that seems independent of this font size. Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to how to make these a bit bigger?

Many thanks in advance.

UI elements are part of the system theme, changing in the system settings should affect them, however snap uses some kind of sandboxing mechanism, therefore it might not affect the sandboxed application.

Try changing the environment variable QT_FONT_DPI to something bigger for the application.

Thank you! That’s perfect - I have found I can add QT_SCALE_FACTOR to the launcher and that does the trick. Appreciate your reply :pray: