KDE 6.0 Neon : multiple random popup menues blocking system

I am using the latest KDE 6 on KDE Neon and often when I press the second mouse button, several random popup windows appear following the mouse cursor in parallel (see screenshot).
popupmenues

I have no idea how to uninstall/remove the application that causes this popup menu. There seems to be no “KX11Extras” installed, at least I am not aware of it. By the way, I’m fairly new to KDE, but generally familiar with Linux in general.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Excerpt from the syslog, this line repeats every second:

Jul 3 19:56:54 dell5400 plasmashell[2353]: kf.windowsystem: static WId KX11Extras:: activeWindow may only be used on X11
Jul 3 19:56:54 dell5400 plasmashell[2353]: qt.qpa.wayland: Creating a popup with a parent, WidgetWindow(0x64368519990, name=" QMen uClassWindow") which does not match the current topmost grabbing popup, WidgetWindow(0x6436837e5ee0, name="(MenuClassWindow") With some shell surface protocols, this is not allowed. The wayland QPA plugin is currently handling it by setting the parent to the topm ost grabbing popup. Note, however, that this may cause positioning errors and popups closing unxpectedly. Please fix the transient p arent of the popup.

Setup:
Host: Latitude 5400
Kernel: 6.5.0-41-generic
Shell: bash 5.1.16
DE: Plasma 6.1.2
WM: kwin
CPU: Intel i5-8265U (8) @ 3.900GHz
GPU: Intel WhiskeyLake-U GT2 [UHD Graphics 620]
Memory: 6530MiB / 15830MiB

1 Like

A. can you please run kinfo and paste the result here?
B. “KX11Extras” is an internal component of KDE and isn’t a specific package.
C. I’m not familiar with this type of menu that has a header like that - it doesn’t look like a KDE application. Can we get a screenshot of the entire menu - not being clipped or occluded by other windows?

@guss77 , thanks for your reply, here are the answers. Hope that will give you more insights? I first thought that this popup belongs to any of the installed browsers, but it apprears also, if just started the laptop without running any browser nor any other application. Maybe part of a widget? There are no applications set as “autostart” by myself.

Operating System: KDE neon 6.0
KDE Plasma Version: 6.1.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.3.0
Qt Version: 6.7.0
Kernel Version: 6.5.0-41-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 620

This is most definitely not a KDE menu.

Did you try to click on the “Disable popup menu” button?

unfortunately I am not fast enough to click an element on the popup, because it moves with the mouse curser. also not by hitting the “up/down” keys and then “enter”.

I found out what this is, and it is indeed a KDE thing - it’s the popup you get from the clipboard manager if you have one of the Show action popup menu configurations enabled in Clipboard → Configure clipboard → Action Menu.

Can check which option you have enabled and what is the time set in Automatic action menu time in that same configuration panel?

Generally it shouldn’t fire so many popups continuously, and I failed to reproduce, but maybe it has a bad interaction with something else on your system that grabs and releases URLs in the clipboard, and if you have a very low time set in the menu timeout. If you don’t use the clipboard action menu, maybe it is a good idea to just disable it.

ok, this is a screenshot of the configuration panel. Indeed I use the clipboard manager very often. But I do not use custom actions, so most of the settings are still the default settings. I will now set all settings to default and check behaviour.
Thanks very much for helping me to find the root cause!