KDE Plasma 5.27.10 Preview not Working

Hi,

I’m using Debian Testing + KDE on X11 and preview is not working in overview, with alt+tab and hovering over the Task bar.
I have installed graphics drivers according to debwiki
Using wayland is not a solution, it’s way worse.
Apparently only one pic may be attached, but rest assured, this is the case for all three instances mentioned above.
When i use the overview shortcut journalctl /usr/bin/plasmashell does not log anything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 5850U with Radeon Graphics (16) @ 4.507GHz 
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series 
DE: Plasma 5.27.10 
Kernel: 6.6.15-amd64
WM: KWin 
Theme: [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3] 
Icons: [Plasma], breeze [GTK2/3] 

Well, it is called Debian “testing for a reason.
Possibly a missing or broken package/dependency.
Perhaps you should better ask this in the Debian forums and/or write a bug report to the Debian maintainers for KDE Plasma - it works in all other distributions I use with Plasma 5.27.x (including Debian “stable”)…

Well, a friend of mine uses Debian Testing and KDE and this feature “works on his machine” .
So it might not be Debian.
Works on my machine is not really helpful…

Sorry for the deleted posts. They were double posts due to a bad connection.

You could try the usual - e.g. test in a new user account.

If a friend has a similar installation and you cannot find anything in the log files, you could compare installed (Plasma, Frameworks, GPU-related) packages and package versions…

1 Like

I installed a clean installation in a vm and moved the config files from clean vm to main install after confirming the absence of discussed issue.
Now it is working => I messed up somewhere in the past (klicked the wrong button).

Thank you for your trick with the user. I’ll keep it in mind for next time.