Kdenlive no longer starts

The current version of Kdenlive 23.08.5 no longer starts on my Manjaro Linux computer.
I had reinstalled Linux out of overconfidence, since then Kdenlive hangs on startup.
Everything was fine before, Kdenlive had been running very well for a long time, practically without any problems.

The AppImage does not start completely either. Also version 24.02.0

Could it be that my current Linux system is missing a Qt5?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kdenliv - so far nothing has helped.

Does anyone know what can be done?

Seems like there is another Arch candidate in the corner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d say you 'd better ask it in the Manjaro forums as we don’t really know anything about your system/installation, and Manjaro holding back packages/having server sync issues… who knows. Have you tried refreshing your mirrors and using a really sync’ed one?

Hello @rockandstone
Yes, I’m already asking in the Manjaro forum.
But the funny thing is that even the AppImages don’t work.

All-clear, it must have been an error in my Manjaro Linux installation today. I have just reinstalled - now everything works as it should.

well reinstalling an OS is rather a Windowsie “solution” but as long as it worked for you :smile: :+1:

Hello @rockandstone
Of course, you rarely need that with Linux.
But I have to correct myself: It wasn’t a bad Linux installation that I had made, but when installing the necessary apps en masse, there were probably conflicts that I hadn’t solved properly.

I tried to install pulseaudio-equalizer, then I got the message :: pulseaudio and pipewire-pulse conflict with each other. remove pipewire-pulse? [y/n]
I had probably made the wrong decision.
Now I see that Kdenlive does not need this package at all.
Yes, after a fresh installation of Manjaro Linux everything is ok now.

But the main thing is that both Manjaro and Kdenlive are OK.