Portal closes after period of inactivity

states

This dialog will close automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity.

Why?

I ask because I don’t want this - I’m frequently away from my computer, and want to deal with requests properly.

I’d like to know what component this is, so that I can report that the text size doesn’t adhere to kcmshell5 kcm_fonts:

That dialog is not from us, but from snap. The font size is smaller because they explicitly set that as the footer.

@redstrate,

Why does it say KDialog, then?

Yeah, that’s the problem.

KDialog is the name of a program that can create generic dialogs from the command-line, if the application using it does not set the title then it just says “KDialog”.

If we don’t make the text smaller, then there’s no clear difference between the message text and the footer though.

1 Like

@redstrate, that’s why the have the “Small” text property, exposed via kcmshell5 kcm_icons. I’m just weird in that I find text easier to parse if it’s all the same size, so as

demonstrates, I’ve customized my own preferences to make it the same size as standard text.

I only mean that it should respect the standard text designations of most Qt apps.

I’m not sure what to make of this.

To put it kindly, that person doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about :slight_smile: This is not a KDE problem, so please bring it up with them.

1 Like

This line actually https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/cea2be5132ea7f2f67a05362bb821b90f3c8fd5f/usersession/userd/settings.go#L215

But the person from that forum was probably confused and referring to the font dialogue

1 Like