Remove a share using a csv import file

Hi everybody,

I seek your help for the following issue with a csv import file of investment shares. The KMyMoney action/type for removing a share operates as for adding a share.

I tried different options, in particular setting the quantity as a negative figure. It does not work.

I also created a toy investment account. I created the corresponding csv export file that I use for importing its operations into another toy account:


I got the same result as if I had created the following scv import file:


Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.


Our most important questions at this point in time: which version of KMyMoney are you using on which operating system?

Thank you for your reply.

The KMyMoney version is : Version 5.1.3

The characteristics of my system is

    • Hardware : Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH-1060
    • Memory size 16,0 Gio
    • Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-8750H × 12

The issue occurs on both OS I use in dual boot:


    • OS openSUSE Tumbleweed
    • OS Type : 64 bits
    • GNOME version: 46
  • *Windowing system : Wayland
    • Kernel Version: Linux 6.9.3-1-default


  • OS : Fedora Linux 40 (Workstation Edition)
  • OS Type : 64 bits
  • GNOME Version : 46
  • Windowing System : Wayland
  • Kernel Version : Linux 6.8.11-300.fc40.x86_64

Thank you


I tried to reproduce the problem using KMyMoney master (the current development version) and after tweaking the CSV a bit I was able to import it. Here’s the modified CSV file to fit my data file:

2024-06-02;A200 Stock;ShrsIn;;1.50;;;;;;
2024-06-03;A200 Stock;ShrsOut;;0.50;;;;;;

and here is the result:

I had to map “ShrsIn” to “Add shares” and “ShrsOut” to “Remove shares” as part of the process in KMyMoney. That assignment seems to be persistent because when running it a second time, I was not asked for the assignment again.

It may not work with the version you have (5.1.3) but apparently was fixed in the meantime :slight_smile:


Thank you for your explanations.

But the issue remains the same. The only difference I see between your configuration and mine is that you are using the development version of KMyMoney. I’m using KMyMoney 5.1.3 version.

As you say that the development version works well, I will wait until the development version becomes the final operational one.

As soon as KMM is updated I’ll keep you informed.

Many thanks for your kind help.



Experimentally, I downloaded the development version of KMyMoney, which works perfectly.

As you said, the issue is fixed on the next release of KMM.

Thanks so much for your advice ans help.