Share your desktop!

2 Likes

1 Like

Having another look at kubuntu 23.10 to see if they solved those bugs yet.
They didn’t. O well, better luck with 24.04 I … guess.

3 Likes

Love your wallpaper!

1 Like

2 Likes

Have the panel off to the side but generally use krunner to launch my programs.

2 Likes

Not for beauty. Mainly for my control and documentation, with all possible infos in 2 x Conky.

These are screenshots from my weekly updates, usually on Sundays.

openSUSE Tumbleweed

openSUSE’s Grub is the only one which can deal with all other distros I have been trying last years. So, its Grub is my “Boot Menu”.

Arch

It is my “main” distro. I use it almost 99% of the time. Upgraded today to Plasma 6.0.1.

Debian testing

Fedora

KDE Neon “5”

I didn’t update it, yet. – Experimenting “KDE Neon 6” in another installation, instead.

PCLinuxOS

Mageia Cauldron

Void

Still waiting Conky2, which “update_interval” is 10 seconds.

Well, there is a Moon there, but this Sunday it was New Moon.

Manjaro

MX Linux

KDE Neon “6”

Redcore

It has a problem. Cannot update it, for a long time, now, and couldn’t fix the problem, yet. But it works fine.

Slackware

Still trying to learn more.

Theme & etc.

I usually try to configure all distros the same way, so it is easy to restart, go to another distro and keep working in 2 minutes (if I get some disaster in the previous one).

These configurations have been made in Plasma 5, but I couldn’t keep some of them in Plasma 6:

• Global Theme: Breeze Dark

• Plasma style: Maia Transparent

• Window Decorations: Transparent Oxygen

• Conky (1) has a trick for Network, which makes the graph “bolder” in Arch and Manjaro

• Conky (2) refresh each 10 seconds, using external commands from free / top (procps tools), neoFetch, htop, inxi and Screenfetch – but some of them are not installed, yet, in some distros, e.g. Void.

• Conky (2) uses some different commands for KDE, Qt and Frameworks versions, e.g. in MX Linux; and one of them – kf5-config --version | grep 'Qt\|KDE' – fails in some distros with Plasma 6.

• Wallpapers came mostly from Wikimedia Commons, especially brazilian towns from XVIII century (our gold rush), such as Paracatu (Arch), Tiradentes (Debian), Angra dos Reis (Fedora), Ouro Preto (PCLinuxOS), Pirenópolis (Mageia); but also other cities, e.g. Niterói in front of Rio de Janeiro (openSUSE), Salvador at Bahia (Void), and other countries, e.g. MX Linux, Slackware – and some other wallpapers came with their distros, e.g. KDE Neon, Redcore. – For Manjaro, I have used a photo of my own with a 10x optical zoom.

• Widgets: Moon phase (by Gealach) and Weather 2. – Still waiting for new versions compatible with Plasma 6 / Qt 6.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Not a Plasma Desktop, but mine on Haiku building KDevelop-24.02.0 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mageia 9 Plasma

7 Likes

Is that really a desk, not a table? xD
Because that would make it a tabletop now wouldn’t it? :crazy_face:

Not planning to change anything. Same across diztrozzz. A light, a dark, some scripts and some services. All I need and out of the way. Has been so for a while and will remain as such as long as it’s possible.

5 Likes

Can you share this wallpaper please, I love it!

openSUSE TW Plasma 6 Wayland, I am really happy with the way everything is running.

5 Likes

Waaahhh! :grin: :grin: :grin:
Creepy. :wink:

1 Like

nightmare fuel.

thanks for another sleepless nite

1 Like

Anytime :laughing: it seems to have a calming effect on me.

4 Likes