Share your desktop!

Background Credit.

Tiny modification, 6.1.0 it is very close, but even currently it is quite good. This has been the best experience i’ve had in KDE after many years in GNOME.

Kudos Everybody :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stock Plasma 6 on Fedora

4 Likes

Plasma 5.27.11/xorg on GhostBSD 24.04.1
Hardware: HP 250 G3

More or less default setup with minor customizations:
Panel set to floating and windows can cover, moved to the left side of the screen. Pager centered at bottom center.
Wallpaper: “Emphemeral Waves” from the plasma 6 wallpaper contest,
RunBSD Logo as Mediaframe

Desktop running discuss.kde.org as webapp, ZFS Bootenvironments and system update:

4 Likes

• My daily driver is EndeavourOS. This is my current desktop. Just some slight Klassy tweaks, and a wallpaper that I created. I stayed with the Tela icon set. I really like those icons a lot.
3 Likes

Floating panels.
Middle one auto hides. Corner Panels are in fixed position.

KDE Plasma Version: 6.1.1

5 Likes

Same ol’. Some on some.

4 Likes

1 Like

Did you install from Get new Widgets?

Can’t rember really. But since I rarely use that thing I probably installed it manually.

1 Like

I like not having many distractors in my screen

6 Likes

3 Likes

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

4 Likes

I like to keep my desktop simple and beautiful. Using catppuccin-mocha themes (:

5 Likes

2 Likes

Was toying around with the Plasma5 port on OpenBSD 7.5 on an old core2duo notebook, recently.
Now, hoping for the best for 7.6 with Plasma 6

FYI: sound worked (but stupid me overlooked it was just muted/very low vol), and setting up the wifi was easy.

1 Like

It ain’t much, but I like it. Nice and clean.

4 Likes

Still smoothly cruising on MX.

3 Likes

What happens when a window is open. Cuz there are 3 different panels. Auto hide ?

How did you made the Media Player widget in Desktop ?

Middle one auto hides but others, windows go below. for example in Firefox:

I’ve also customized Firefox that panels and status/find bar don’t overlap. [Source: Firefox-UI-Fix, firefox-refined-findbar on Github]
Still there are some inconveniences, e.g. Okular that panels overlap find bar. I’ve set “keep window above others” a keyboard shortcut and when I activate it, Panels hide in Maximized windows; semi Full screen mode!

1 Like