Snapping an app to right edge causes it to be lost

Sometimes when I fast drag and drop an app to the right edge, it disappears from desktop and only its entry remains visible in Task Manager, it’s like it was moved to a position outside desktop.

Only after right-clicking on its entry and selecting “More>Move”, then I can bring back to be visible again.

This happens randomly two or three times per day, and it’s not always reproducible.

Operating System: Manjaro Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.2.0
Qt Version: 6.7.1
Kernel Version: 6.9.2-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland

Do you use Multi monitor, or just one?

It happens with just my built-in laptop screen, but I connect it from time to time to an external monitor.

I think the main culprit is that bug that moves cursor to top left corner when a maximized window is dragged, especially to right side when snapping doesn’t catch the window so it’s thrown outside the desktop.

1 Like

Does the display settings show two displays? If you have 2 GPUs (hybrid graphics) and something is not set up properly, than that is what’s going on. Disable the extra display or figure out why your hybrid graphics aren’t configured correctly.

Yeah, I’m seeing a lot of this. Single monitor. Single GPU.

This happens with no extra monitors, and only laptop built-in screen.

I’m running on single Intel iGPU.

Well that’s interesting. I’ve only experienced this when running on an old MacBook temporarily while I was waiting for parts to fix my current laptop. I assumed that’s why it was happening, but the underlying cause must be different for you.

Also interesting that it’s happening with an intel GPU… their hardware support is typically pretty good, as intel themselves contribute to the kernel (rather than being a 3rd party driver reversed engineered).

What hardware are you running? Is it super recent? Can you try the newer Xe driver, if your hardware supports it? https://www.phoronix.com/review/intel-xe-benchmark

Try searching on the KDE bug tracker (very likely there is already a bug report open), there may be a workaround or you’ll at least know the progress on it being fixed.

You can also try using X11 and seeing if that works better, and if it does… revisit after the next KDE / kernel update.