Store.kde.org, sort by compatibility?

Is there such a feature? I think the store is too filled with old broken stuff.

Many Addons dont work on Plasma 5 or now 6. At least adding a Plasma6 tag or something, is this possible? And developers need to add that tag to display the extension?

edit: yes it is done but only one is possible

I would like to help test etc. as the store really needs a cleanup.

It seems to work pretty well for Plasma 6 (it is pretty empty) but not sure if it works for everything like cursor themes etc. which are also not compatible but shown.

There is a different problem, that extensions often dont need to follow right standards and can be packaged randomly. This is especially bad with Dolphin context menu extensions.

3 Likes

For content that is only compatible with one major Plasma version, store.kde.org has different categories for them. For example all the Plasma 5 stuff is filed under Plasma 5 and the new Plasma 6 stuff is filed under Plasma 6. There doesn’t seem to be much if anything there for Plasma 6 yet.

Other content that does not have strict compatibility needs is generally intermixed.

In general I would like to see this improved by allowing content to be tagged with versions that it is known to be compatible with.

3 Likes