What’s going on with Activities in Plasma 6?

Nothing! That’s the end of the blog post! Go back to what you were doing!

Well, sort of. 🙂 Some of you may be aware that a year or so ago, there was a lot of chatter about what to do with the Activities feature in Plasma 6: change how it works, remove the feature, or leave it be.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://pointieststick.com/2024/02/06/whats-going-on-with-activities-in-plasma-6/
1 Like

I am a user of activities. I cannot remember for the life of me why I stopped using virtual desktops and started using Activities. Must have been something.

Basically, I use Activities to have separate workspaces for work, school, etc. Weirdly I don’t use Activities because I use different widgets for each thing.

If virtual desktops basically do the same thing I would not miss Activities, I guess. I have never had any issues or anything I would call a bug.

For me, what I would want in activities would be to have the ability to have a start list for each activity. That is to say, when I add back a closed Activity there would be a list of apps that automatically open there. My browser in the correct profile, LibreOffice in one activity and KdenLive in another and so on.

Other than that, do what you guys think is best.

Anxiously waiting for the 28th!