When closing the lid, the laptop does not turn off after switching from plasma 5.24 to 5.25 (now already 5.27)

Hello, I thank all the contributors who create excellent KDE systems, although I am very grateful that all this is there. After updating to 5.25 plasma, when the lid is closed (there is a shutdown command), the laptop goes into standby mode, and when the lid is opened, it just freezes and turns off only with the power button. On 5.24 there is no such thing. Also, the labels on the table are constantly changing their location. I have Bumblebee and nvidia 820m along with i5 intel.
Now I have 5.27, and still the laptop does not turn off, but just freezes, and I have to turn it off with the button.
Maybe someone will notice this and tell me what to do? Thank you

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.105.0
Qt Version: 5.15.9
Kernel Version: 6.1.29-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 11.6 ГиБ of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 5500
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name: TP300LDB
System Version: 1.0

Hi , this is my first comment;
I’m quite new to use Linux, but 40 year ago I was in of UNIX SCO and more. I Left all of MS product behind and put my knowlege in Linux!
To you who need to close the Lid on your Laptop check this link, don’t forget to reboot your systtem after this editing.

good luck / Nor

2 Likes

I suspect this is a major part of the problem. That’s a pretty old graphics card and it’s not well supported by the company’s proprietary Linux drivers. Possible something changed between Plasma 5.24 and 5.25 to trigger an issue in those drivers, but unfortunately I doubt anyone is going to fix it due to the old and unsupported nature of all three components: Plasma, the NVIDIA drivers, and the GPU they’re running on.

I think Nvidia has nothing to do with it, since it is not involved, it is installed on bumblebee, and usually sleeps. The main one is Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU

Well, finally the joy returned to my house. Thank you very much, it helped!