Application Style Not Changing in Global Theme:

Hello Everyone,
Lets assume all categories under appearance settings in my system is set to default options which is breeze in every category.

Case 1:
For the categories under appearance (plasma style, color scheme, window decoration, application style - kvantum) i installed open source themes from kde store and created a look for my dektop. Later with this setup, using Global Theme Explorer i created a new global theme. Then i revert all the changes done in appearance to default settings (note: haven’t removed any newly installed open source theme, just changed the settings to default(breeze) under above mentioned categories). Now i installed my newly created global theme expecting this will bring back my custom look in all categories. Everything reflected except the Application Style.

Case 2:
Thought the above error might be the application style is set to kvantum option & kvantum manager is pointed to another open source theme. This time i followed same customization in case 1 except on application style instead of choosing kvantum i chose oxygen theme (available in system under application style) here. Now i created new global theme with this setup and tested. Still every changes worked except application style.

Case 3:
Instead of creating my own global theme i tried oxygen global theme available in the system which is pointed to use oxygen application style. But the same behavior happened. No change in application style.
I’ve used Global Theme Explorer in KDE to create a new global theme based on my existing desktop setup, which includes open-source themes for categories like Plasma style, application style (kvantum), color schemes, and window decorations. After creating the new global theme, I selected it, but everything was applied except for the application style.

Every case fails in application style.

My system details:

Kubuntu version: 24.04
KDE Plasma version: 5.27.11
KDE Frameworks version: 5.115.0
Am I missing something? Kindly assist me. Thank you in advance.

Note: The application style was automatically disables when i select the global theme.

I don’t really understand the prob here. You seem to be mixing stuff. An application style doesn’t just change because you use a certain theme. If you want to use a kvantum theme, the apllication style will have to be set to kvantum. That way all the svg’s and rc of that given theme will be used. If you stick to that kvantum theme, but switch the application style to breeze, oxygen or whatever…only the color scheme will be used. A kvantum theme will not look the same if it’s not set to kvantum application style.

Forget about kvantum in application style. lets talk about a case where she not at all go for kvantum options instead she is using application styles available by default in the OS. She created a global theme using the Global Theme Explorer when the system’s application style was set to oxygen (which is a default available application style in the system/. Later she changed the application style to breeze and then applied the above created global theme (which itself has oxygen as its application style). Now everything under appearance reflected to what was configured in her global theme. But the application style was still breeze. Expected case is oxygen.

The expected case is breeze since the application style is SET to breeze. No theme in the world will change the application style.
A global theme mostly consists of a plasma theme, some bit and bobs and a COLOR scheme. Whatever the application style, it will use the color scheme. Every single application style will use the color scheme. Not the other way around.