Yakuake issue running under Plasma (Wayland) vs Plasma (X11)

Running Kubuntu 24.04 on a desktop PC and my ancient HP Pavilion g7 laptop. Both are fully updated.

Both:
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.11
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
Qt Version: 5.15.13
Kernel Version: 6.8.0-36-generic (64-bit)

Desktop:
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Yakuake Version: 23.08.5

Laptop:
Graphics Platform: X11
Yakuake Version: 23.08.5

With Yakuake launched on both PCs, the shortcut key I’ve configured for showing/hiding Yakuake functions just fine. However, if I logout from the Desktop Session on the desktop PC, then subsequently log back in, Yakuake is no longer running. It isn’t in the System Tray, and the shortcut key won’t display it. I have to relaunch Yakuake. This isn’t the case on the laptop. There, I can logout and then log back in, and Yakuake is still running; the shortcut key will display/hide it as expected.

I’d really like to understand why Yakuake gets terminated when logging out in a Plasma (Wayland) Desktop Session, but it remains running if doing the same in a Plasma (X11) Desktop Session.

My first guess is that desktop session restore works in x11, but not Wayland in Plasma 5. A known thing.

Set Yakuake to autostart. I have done this automatically every install, probably since the KDE 4 days as desktop session restore didn’t always work for it.

It does launch for me at login in Plasma 6.1 (Wayland) without needing an autostart entry.

Thank you. Nice to know the ‘why’ of this issue.

Setting Yakuake to autostart is a workable solution for now.