Example
The left:
[1]Environment
-
dolphin-24.12.3-1.fc41.x86_64 -
spectacle-6.3.3-1.fc41.x86_64 -
KDE Plasma Version: 6.3.3 KDE Frameworks Version: 6.12.0 Qt Version: 6.8.2 Kernel Version: 6.13.7-200.fc41.x86_64 (64-bit) Graphics Platform: Wayland
The left:
[1]
dolphin-24.12.3-1.fc41.x86_64
spectacle-6.3.3-1.fc41.x86_64
KDE Plasma Version: 6.3.3 KDE Frameworks Version: 6.12.0 Qt Version: 6.8.2 Kernel Version: 6.13.7-200.fc41.x86_64 (64-bit) Graphics Platform: Wayland
It’s not the same issue exactly, but I wonder if this is somehow connected to the same underlying cause as 498597 – Using Active Window or Select Window mode, window top corners looks weird when using light variant of Breeze - something about borders not being captured or rendered exactly as they are on-screen?
I see the effect described in that bug report on your screenshots as well - although that report mentioned only Breeze Light, and yours seems to be happening on Breeze Dark?
@johnandmegh, actually, in this case, Spectacle is capturing exactly what’s rendered. When I tile a window to an edge, I see the window border wrap around the title bar, then stop at the window content, as depicted in the screenshots. I expect that this is a bug in the Breeze KWin SSDs. ![]()
Thanks for linking that issue, though, because I’ve encountered that too, and that saves me reporting it myself. x
Strangely, like in t/44175, this solely renders the borders around the corners, now:
Operating System: Fedora Linux 43 KDE Plasma Version: 6.5.5 KDE Frameworks Version: 6.22.0 Qt Version: 6.10.1 Kernel Version: 6.18.8-200.fc43.x86_64 (64-bit) Graphics Platform: Wayland
@rokejulianlockhart, I can’t reproduce this issue…
Operating System: EndeavourOS
KDE Plasma Version: 6.5.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.22.0
Qt Version: 6.10.2
Kernel Version: 6.18.8-zen2-1-zen (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
@UncleSpellbinder, you’ve no borders at all, however. That’s worse.
@UncleSpellbinder, kcmshell6 kcm_kwindecoration --highlight offers two options for window boundaries. To elaborate, whereas you refer to:
…I refer to:
Try disabling borders, but enabling outlines. I should have utilised more accurate terminology in the original post, in retrospect.
Well, I’m using Klassy theme.
@UncleSpellbinder, in which case, your situation is likely to be even less applicable, for Klassy doesn’t (yet?) render window decorations as Breeze does:
…and you’ve not configured it similarly, regardless.