Akregator certificate import

Anyone know if it’s possible to import a certificate into Akregator?

I believe the correct place for a certificate would be to install this system wide, but I’m too new to Linux and KDE to guide you further.

Are you referring to importing a SSL certificate authority into Akregator? If so, you can import certificates system-wide in System Settings → Settings → SSL Preferences and restart Akregator.
If you are referring to a SSL client certificate, then I believe it’s a similar process but I don’t know exactly where to import those certificates.
Otherwise if the certificate you are trying to import is something else, could you elaborate what the certificate is for?

1 Like

So how do I add the SSL Preferences module in System Settings?

It should be there if you have Plasma. Could you take a screenshot of System Settings where SSL Preferences should be?
Also, could you provide details about your system from System Settings → About this System?

Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20231103
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.9
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.111.0
Qt Version: 5.15.11
Kernel Version: 6.5.9-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: llvmpipe
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product Name: All Series

https://imgur.com/a/jaIVHgN

I’m not sure why SSL Preferences is missing on openSUSE, but you can try manually installing the certificate authority by copying the certificate to the /usr/share/pki/trust/anchors directory and executing sudo update-ca-certificates.

I just went ahead and imported my RSS feeds into Thunderbird and imported my certificate into Thunderbird, as I did in Firefox, I’m not sure either why I am missing SSL Preferences, but this forum would be the place to ask. Yes?

Yes, this forum would be the best place to ask why SSL Preferences is missing.
I would also consider asking on the openSUSE forum too since they could have modified something on their end.

Thanks, I will do that. :wink:

1 Like