Application dashboard improvements (KDE and touch)

Hello everyone, I had tried many full screen menus in Plasma and to be honest only the plasma drawer menu has come close to be as clean and simple as the gnome app grid or an android app drawer and I curious, could an option to hide the categories and the by letter grouping in the all apps page be added in a future? Those elements in my opinion take lots of space and slow down the task of using the dashboard to pick an app

1 Like

From my understanding the Application Dashboard currently lacks people who want to maintain it (and for some time it seemed possible that it will be dropped completely for Plasma 6 – luckily that didn’t happen).

Thus the best approach to get improvements into the Dashboard would be to start developing them yourself, if that is possible for you.

For an easy start, the main part of the Application Dashboard code lives in the following file:

2 Likes

Unfortunately hate coding and I lack any real development experience, the only decent menu I have found is Klaunch but the lack of a session button to shut down my pc makes it non viable, the second best is Launchpad which almost nails what I want but the lack of a touch screen scroll makes it non viqble for touch screen blt perfect for mouse, and finally ditto menu is as good as launchpad but it has the same issue only worse as in launchpad you have at least a scroll bar to use in the touch screen, in Ditto you do not have it