Application dashoard: search is quite erratic

Search in application menus/dashboard is pretty erratic and illogical, i run wrong applications many times.

Example:

When I enter ‘c’ I see: chrashed processes viewer, calculator

when i enter “ch” : there is nothing displayed !

when I add next letter ‘r’ so “chr” : google chrome, KDE connect

why there was no chrome when I entered only “c” or “ch” ??

other example, when I enter “cod” or “code”: Kate is on the first place! and visual studio code on the second !! WHY ?? I have to use extra arrow to select VSCode ….

when I enter “mo” I can see mouse

when I add “u”, so “mou” together: there is no mouse app anymore ! only solaar

That doesn’t make any sense !!

Yes, this came up recently as a krunner thread, but it affects menus.

Basically, the FUZZY search is really messed up… first I noticed is trying to relaunch my conky (I have a script called ‘conky-again’ which always came top on ‘conk’ or ‘gain’; but now it’s likely to come last.

Last time it was discussed was here, I think…

There’s a fix in the works, so hang in.

Here’s that bug:

So meantime, type slowly and pay attention - I’ve had all kinds of surprise popups and random actions out of this bug.

I’d add that fuzzy search wasn’t ideal long before 6.5.0 version

For sure, it could use some improvement, but this edition seems more erratic than anything else.