Application ideas

A Discourse app that allows me to browse multiple instances of Discourse would be nice. One of the main reasons I still use reddit is that it allows me to see and interact with posts from multiple communities (e.g. /r/gnome, /r/kde, /r/opensuse) from a single feed.

3 Likes

This might actually work. Thank you.

1 Like

A little app that lets anyone create a colorscheme based (light/dark changing) wallpapers would be really cool.

Potentially based on GitHub - dylanaraps/pywal: šŸŽØ Generate and change color-schemes on the fly.

1 Like

I just found an older mockup for that:

5 Likes

A password manager that supports Keepass files would be good. There is already KeepassXC for desktop, but itā€™s also a Qt Widgets app so probably isnā€™t nice to use on mobile. It also uses its own icon set, and the toolbar doesnā€™t seem to integrate with Breezeā€™s header-bar style colour scheme.

This seems very similar to what can be done with Kirigami Add-ons.

1 Like

Oh, that reminded meā€¦
We will probably need something like:

1 Like

Yes, but the KDE/Plasma key manager is kwallet(manager5).

I would propose to integrate all fetures (and e.g. compatibility) in one app.

See also my proposal:

Many things are there. But kwalletmanager5 isnā€™t a full functional manager but pretty well integrated.
KeepassXC is more or less the standard and will be used also on other platforms.

OpenKeyChain is a good GnuPG Key Manager and well supporting Password Store

Why not combinig things together which are more or less available.

2 Likes

I would like something like Switcheroo, mostly because I am an artist and I resize several of my works to upload them online.

I would also appreciate something like Tangram to have some webapps.

I donā€™t know how much something like Tangram can be made since it is interesting to have windows in the shape of a grid, but if not I still made a mockup, Iā€™m sorry if itā€™s not the best.

Edit: Sorry, I didnā€™t see that the post was for Plasma Mobile.

1 Like