Are other users confused by Skrooge's "operations" and "pointed"?

Skrooge uses the term “operation” a lot, the handbook says

An operation is either a credit or debit to one of your accounts

But in English, an operation is a complex procedure with a lot of moving parts, such as a lung transplant, a military operation, or moving all your accounts to a new bank. The standard word for a credit or debit is “transaction”. Every financial institution I use provides a way to “Download recent transactions” and/or “View your transaction history”.

The handbook also says

During the reconciliation process, you point all operations in Skrooge that appear in the corresponding account position. Such pointed operations display a half-filled square in the Status column of an operations view. A pointed operation is not Checked until you complete reconciliation.

But in English, you point at something with your finger, it’s not an intransitive property of an item. I think “Marked” is probably a better word:
“You mark transactions that appear in the financial institution’s account record… When you complete reconciliation the status of marked transactions changes to Checked; checked transactions won’t appear in Skrooge’s default transaction views.”

(“Marked” is synonymous with one meaning of “Checked”, but since Checked operations/transactions appear with an actual checkmark in views, I think it’s OK to keep Checked.)

Do other English users share this confusion? I think it makes it harder for new users to use Skrooge. It would be a big change to the UI and the documentation, and unless dozens of variables are renamed, Skrooge’s source code wouldn’t match the terminology.

I filed bug 478385.

Well I hope people like my terminology, because @miraks changed Skrooge and the handbook in a pair of commits!

Those would not be yours they would be the terms that have been used iterally forever in the financial industry and should be used in an application dealing with those things. As you rightly point out it removes any confusion for new users and any person using to the normal English way of talking about those transactions. The only way I have ever in my life heard it referred too in English. Good job in getting it done.