Not sure if this is KDE related or AMDGPU but after the 7.1.11 update I’m seeing the odd pixel flash on Discord and these weird artifacts on my wallpaper:
Lets goo, its not just me! I thought my GPU was dying, it had me so scared. Same artifacts, they change color when drag-highlighting them on the desktop as well as when i hover over the minimize maximize close buttons.
Can you grab the GPU details with inxi -Gxx? Does the corruption happen on the same monitor after resume, or only in Discord and the wallpaper? If this started right after 7.1.11, try one resume on the previous kernel if you still have it. journalctl -b -1 -k | grep -Ei 'amdgpu|drm|gpu|ring|reset' may show a failed reset. The exact GPU and whether you are on Mesa or AMDGPU-PRO should narrow it down.
I wanted to chip in, it looks to be more of an issue with the firmware on 90 series cards with AMD, I have the same issues on Fedora KDE with a 9060XT. I saw several posts on social media, and it doesn’t appear to just affect KDE, but other DEs, too.
FWIW, my laptop which just has some dated integrated AMD graphics has no issues on KDE Linux, with the background appearing just as expected.
Hi, i have the same issue, i’m also using a Radeon 9070, but i was not able to confirm what triggers it. I have two monitors and the issue shows up on both.