ATTENTION PLASMA WIDGET, THEME AND ADD-ON DEVELOPERS: Port your stuff to Plasma 6

KDE loves all your stuff, but you need to port it for it to work in plasma6. We have created a handy, easy-to-follow guide for extensions and widgets

Theme developers, please check out this.

Porting is quite straightforward and should not take you long.

Keep your users happy! Port your stuff!

14 Likes

I currently use Condensed Weather, Better Inline Clock, Compact Pager, Compact Shutdown, and Gealach and would like not to have an issue with any of them when Plasma 6.0 drops or at least by 6.0.2, so as the thread title says:

“ATTENTION PLASMA WIDGET, THEME, AND ADD-ON DEVELOPERS: Port your stuff to Plasma 6”.

2 Likes

I have tried to port modern clock, but it looks like its author did not check my PR (Port to plasma 6 by Kuchenmampfer · Pull Request #4 · Prayag2/kde_modernclock · GitHub) yet. I would publish my fork, but was not able to make an account at the kde store. Also I think my port still has some issues as it works, but is throwing errors. Sadly I don’t know how to resolve them.

So any help with sorting out the errors or publishing it will be appreciated <3

1 Like

@ngraham Can you advise on this? I personally do not where to start. Would forking be the way forward if the author has become inactive?

If the author is inactive and attempts to contact them fail, then forking the code would be an appropriate next step, yeah.

3 Likes