Backports and backports extra for 22.04 (jammy) unavailable

W: Failed to fetch https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports-extra/ubuntu/dists/jammy/InRelease  Cannot initiate the connection to ppa.launchpadcontent.net:443 (2620:2d:4000:1::81). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) Could not connect to ppa.launchpadcontent.net:443 (185.125.190.80), connection timed out
W: Failed to fetch https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports/ubuntu/dists/jammy/InRelease  Cannot initiate the connection to ppa.launchpadcontent.net:443 (2620:2d:4000:1::81). - connect (101: Network is unreachable)
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

is this temporary?

This wouldn’t be a KDE issue, but Ubuntu’s Launchpad doesn’t have the wide array of mirrors like the main archives have. The server is/was down. I have seen this happen once in a while.

It usually is short lived. They are reachable from my location.

1 Like

working again.

i saw someone say they installed 24.04 and my mind immediately went to “i’m locked out and have to upgrade”

the windows trauma is real, y’all

OT:

Nicely Nitpick Noble 24.04 LTS

Poll - (when) will you install Kubuntu 24.04 LTS?

they are calling it nitpick… whew boy.

do i nee to install, can’t i just use the upgrade button?

i like things the way they are as long a my hardware holds out (some ata controller flakiness lately, but i think resetting the cables bought some time).

still OT… :smiley:

You will be able to release-upgrade graphically (= with the GUI) to 24.04 LTS when the first point release (24.04.1) has come out - probably August. Then you will get a little popup window offering the release-upgrade.
You can not release-upgrade from one Kubuntu version to the next with Discover, if this is what you were asking.
You will have to use the CLI to do this before August (and “force” the release-upgrade).

PS: What do you have against “nitpicking” the 24.04 development branch (99,99% in a nice and respectful way)? I think it was a good wordplay of the user who started this thread :wink:.

if i had the chance to respond to your poll, i would have been the lone exploding guy.

i don’t know how these names are decided upon, but someday the unbuntu nitpick has to be a thing.

Natty Narwhal, now Noble Numbat.

Maybe Nitpicking Natterjack for Ubuntu 37.04? :rofl:

2 Likes