If search for a word for a word I know is in a PDF in a location that is indexed by Baloo, using krunner or baloosearch then the file is found.
If I navigate to that location in Dolphin and search for the same word, nothing is returned,
Doing the same test as a different user on the same machine works OK, so something is wrong with my account
I’m on Arch if that makes a difference
I disabled baloo, deleted the database and then reenabled baloo and it’s working ok now.
Unfortunately a lot of Baloo issues are solved like that - I sometimes find that I used incorrect tags on some files, and if I remove the offending tags from the files, Baloo still finds the old tag, even if I remove that tag from all the files so it shouldn’t even exist. And the only way to solve this is to clear the database and reindex everything.
There’s a terminal command to do it in one go:
If you use it, note that balooctl will start to immediately output it’s indexing log to the terminal, so you’d want to close the terminal after you run the command - it will not stop the indexing, so there’s no need to worry about that.
The thing to try with baloosearch is to try both:
baloosearch "what you are looking for"
baloosearch -d ~/your-folder "what you are looking for"
It seems that basing your search on a particular folder has been problematic, You’d see this behaviour in Dolphin if you go to “your-folder” and search from there…