Clicking on "Files" should default to "Music" folder

As the title suggests, I think clicking on “Files” on the left side bar should navigate to default Music folder on the system, rather than Home or Root. That’s what I think expected behaviour should be. Few extra click make it bit annoying to use at times.

1 Like

This sounds like a good idea. It should grab the xdg user directory and point there, then users can navigate elsewhere easily if their files aren’t in that directory. Can you please submit a feature request on https://bugs.kde.org so it can be investigated, thank you!

1 Like

Personally sounds like a very bad idea cause everyone has Dolphin setup differently.

1 Like

Will do Justin, thanks

This is not for Dolphin, only Elisa, the kde music player.

Same thing applies. Should be able to set you default fold if you wish. Yes make the default Music, but make it where it can be changed under settings.

In fact Elisa used to do what you want, but we changed it a year or two ago so that people can use it to find music anywhere. But yes, I agree that this is annoying for people who do have all their music in ~/Music.

A few months ago, I submitted a draft merge request to make this configurable; see DRAFT: Allow configuring the initial Files view path (!447) · Merge requests · Multimedia / Elisa · GitLab. However I need help to finish it up because it doesn’t work quite right at the moment.

3 Likes

Fixed it up, gave it a review and even rebased :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @ngraham and @redstrate
Really appriciate you guys fixing my minor issue with Elisa, Thank you so much :smile: :heart_decoration:

1 Like