Clip Bin Job - Create job to change duration of image clip(s)

I was exploring the idea of creating a custom clip bin job to change the duration of a clip (or selected clips), in this case image clips. I am not talking about the duration of a clip on the timeline.

When I look at the clip properties there is a duration checkbox that lets me change the duration of that specific clip.

I am also aware that I could delete the clips in the project bin, go and change the KDENLIVE defaults for clip duration and re-import the clips so they get the duration I require.

I was looking at the Configure Clip Jobs and when adding a new job it provides an example of using an executable like ffmpeg and then defining the arguments. I tried looking at the “Stabilize” and “Duplicate Clip with Speed Change…” built in jobs however they don’t have anything in the job parameters section so I suspect these are scripts somewhere or embedded code.

Any help or direction to documentation on how to do this would be appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Brief Documentation required for practical use case. @berndmj

1 Like

I think this needs to be directed at the dev team.

The topic of opening Kdenlive for plugins has been around for a while and is being discussed. There are, however, some not so small technical hurdles to overcome, AFAIK. This would fall into the same or at least similar category.

1 Like

Hi, I made a tutorial recently as per your question, hope you find what you are looking for in this answer.

1 Like

Its a helpful video.

1 Like