CLIPSYNC only work one way not both !

Hi everyone,

I’m having a problem with KDE Connect’s clipboard synchronization and I’ve been unable to get it working despite trying various settings.

My setup:

Windows PC ( several )
Samsung Galaxy ( or redmi ) non work seamlessly
KDE Connect installed on both devices

The problem is specifically with the Android → Windows direction.

Copy something on my Windows PC → it appears on my Android phone correctly.
Copy something on my Windows PC → it appears on my other windows correctly.

Copy something on my Android phone → it does not appear in the Windows clipboard.
The devices are properly paired and connected.
It only works when i go to the selected pair and send clipboard manually!

PC → Android clipboard synchronization works consistently.

I’ve already tried the usual troubleshooting steps, but I still cannot get Android → PC clipboard synchronization to work.

If anyone is using a Samsung/Redmi phone with Windows and has this working in both directions, I’d really appreciate knowing exactly what settings or permissions you have enabled.

Thanks in advance for any help!

It is an Android restriction.

android → pc clipboard is locked down by android itself since ~13. kde connect cant read the clipboard in the background without you tapping Send Clipboard.

workarounds that actually work for me on samsung/oneui:

  1. quick settings tile: edit tiles → add KDE Connect “Send Clipboard” → one tap after you copy
  2. Settings → Apps → KDE Connect → Notifications → allow, keep the persistent notification so Send Clipboard is one tap from the shade
  3. Settings → Apps → Special access → Appear on top → KDE Connect on (helps the share-sheet path on some builds)

pc → android working + android → pc only via manual send is normal. not a broken pair.

Thank you so much … I thought i doing something wrong.. :rofl:

Great help guys :+1: