Copy Panel Configuration to other Monitors

This if my first post so be gentle if I’m exhibiting complete noob behaviour. I’ve checked to see if there was a similar post or request to this already but didn’t find one.

I’m in the “Panels and Desktops Management” window where it easily and intuitively allows me to drag panels and desktops between my multiple monitors. However, what seems glaringly absent is the ability to copy or mirror panels/desktops between monitors.

Ultimately, I’d like to have my bottom windows style application/task bar mirrored on all monitors. Ideally it would be such that if I change, add to or remove from one, it would be reflected on all monitors, but even just to have them exist independently but still be copyable would be excellent.

If this is possible, please let me know.

1 Like

See 446654 – Feature Request: mirror a panel on all monitors

2 Likes

Thank you for the reference. So currently it’s not a feature but is slated to potentially be added with a high wishlist important/priority? What would a target milestone of 1.0 mean?

You’re welcome. The milestone doesn’t mean anything; we don’t use that field.

Ok good to know. So tldr is this isn’t a thing yet but it MIGHT be a thing at some point in the future, right?

Exactly!

(extra words to meet the post length limit)

1 Like

I know it’s been almost a year, and fairly new to the forum here, but I wanted to see if any feasibility study has been done on this? Or anymore discussions? I’m a web developer, so still learning the ropes for development on KDE, so if no progress has been made, could you point me in the direction of the files/repos that I’d need to look at? I can take a look and see if there’s something I can do to try and help. :slight_smile:

Interested in this as well. Would be great to have the same panel mirrored to all displays. Similar to what MacOS is doing.
Otherwise I have to manually create a panel on each of my displays and attach the global menu …

1 Like

Right there with you. I know with how it’s currently built there is no way to duplicate panels on all displays. It’d probably have to have some serious code refactoring across many files, and would be a really big lift. Could be the reason for the hesitance in implementing this. Still, I would think there would be some updates, or a yes, or no, or whatever the case. Hopefully it’s something that gets worked on soon.

Same here, also a web dev that wants do to the dirty work if needed, but dont know where to start.

1 Like