Could you confirm if my Plasma log's warning are benign?

Hello everyone, I just have a simple question this time:

I have captured a sample of my plasmashell’s journal logs at boot, may some experts be willing to give me some advice on whether the following entries are benign or if they’re indicative of an instability

systemd[841]: Starting plasma-plasmashell.service - KDE Plasma Workspace...
plasmashell[1036]: Checking screens: available: (QScreen(0x5585538fad50, name="eDP-1")) redundant: QHash() fake: QSet() all: (QScreen(0x5585538fad50, name="eDP-1"))
plasmashell[1036]: Checking screens: available: (QScreen(0x5585538fad50, name="eDP-1")) redundant: QHash() fake: QSet() all: (QScreen(0x5585538fad50, name="eDP-1"))
systemd[841]: Started plasma-plasmashell.service - KDE Plasma Workspace.
plasmashell[1036]: Aborting shell load: The activity manager daemon (kactivitymanagerd) is not running.
plasmashell[1036]: If this Plasma has been installed into a custom prefix, verify that its D-Bus services dir is known to the system for the daemon to be activatable.
plasmashell[1036]: Aborting shell load: The activity manager daemon (kactivitymanagerd) is not running.
plasmashell[1036]: If this Plasma has been installed into a custom prefix, verify that its D-Bus services dir is known to the system for the daemon to be activatable.
plasmashell[1036]: kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
plasmashell[1036]: org.kde.plasma.containmentlayoutmanager: Error: cannot change the containment to AppletsLayout
plasmashell[1270]: QObject::connect: No such slot DesktopProtocol::_k_slotRedirection(KIO::Job *, QUrl) in /zone/kde/src/kio/src/core/forwardingworkerbase.cpp:354
plasmashell[1270]: QObject::connect: No such slot DesktopProtocol::_k_slotRedirection(KIO::Job *, QUrl) in /zone/kde/src/kio/src/core/forwardingworkerbase.cpp:354
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:534:9: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:499:13: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
plasmashell[1036]: Trying to use rootObject before initialization is completed, whilst using setInitializationDelayed. Forcing completion
plasmashell[1036]: org.kde.plasma.kicker: Entry is not valid "ktp-contactlist.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x558554551250)
plasmashell[1036]: org.kde.plasma.kicker: Entry is not valid "ktp-contactlist.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x558554551ad0)
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:499:13: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:534:9: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:556:5: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
plasmashell[1036]: Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml" and "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationHeader.qml"
plasmashell[1036]: Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml" and "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/ThumbnailStrip.qml"
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.private.systemtray/contents/ui/main.qml:18:1: QML MouseArea (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
plasmashell[1036]: Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/Tooltip.qml:78:9: QML GridLayout (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
plasmashell[1036]: org.kde.plasma.containmentlayoutmanager: Error: cannot change the containment to AppletsLayout
plasmashell[1036]: QFont::setPointSizeF: Point size <= 0 (0.000000), must be greater than 0
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.taskmanager/contents/ui/Task.qml:286: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.taskmanager/contents/ui/Task.qml:286: Unable to assign [undefined] to QString
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/plasma/extras/PlaceholderMessage.qml:238:5: QML Heading: Binding loop detected for property "verticalAlignment"
plasmashell[1036]: file:///usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/org/kde/plasma/extras/PlaceholderMessage.qml:238:5: QML Heading: Binding loop detected for property "verticalAlignment"
plasmashell[1036]: QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method FolderViewDropArea_QMLTYPE_15_QML_66::actionTriggered(QVariant)

Thank you very much in advance ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t see anything worse than usual (unfortunately).

Would you mean these warnings are commonly usual and harmless ? :smiley:

…I mean exactly what I said?

The implication of your question is that we’re crazy for allowing this and there should be no warnings, and in general I would agree. But it’s easier said than done, and some of them truly are harmless, just pointless noise that hides real issues and worries users do go poking around without knowing how things work.

Time and energy for work on minor things are quite finite, so if you’d like to help out here to get some of these warnings addressed, we’d welcome the assistance.

2 Likes

Alright I understand, thanks for your response.