Im considering building a Custom Bluetooth TV remote specifically to work with Plasma Bigscreen.
Problem:
- My TV and Mini PC dont support CEC, Integrating the original TV remote to work with my Mini PC running Plasma Bigscreen is not an option.
- I need to use two remotes: a wireless keyboard and TV remote to operate the TV/volume controls “Normally”.
- Not everyone wants to use an app to control the TV (KDE Connect)
- Plasma Bigscreen is not optimized enough to not need a touch pad to browse a web browser page.
- I want a single remote controller that feels familiar to a traditional TV remote and can operate both my mini pc and TV
- Those game controller - Full keyboard PC remotes are too complicated and buggy.
Solution:
ESP32 Bluetooth keyboard with IR Control.
IR Controls to work with traditional TV interface, ie: TV power, volume, HDMI source selection, or traditional TV browsing.
Bluetooth controls to interface with Plasma Bigscreen, Optimized keyboard/mini track-pad to seamlessly control Plasma Bigscreen with both TV and Bluetooth controls.
Other potential features:
- Gyroscope mouse pointer
- Laser pointer
My thought process is I could combine keystrokes/mouse pointer controls easier to get a seamless TV experience.
Im not sure if there are any decent solutions on the market that im not aware of. If there are please let me know before I go down this rabbit hole.