Dark icons with QT6 versions

Hello everyone, this is the first time I’ve written a message here. Please excuse me in advance if I make any mistakes.
The last two versions, 24.02.0 and 24.02.1, of kdenlive work very well, but when I select a dark color scheme, the button icons remain black (they should change to white), which makes them very hard to see. I’ve read a lot of recent threads, but I can’t find anything about this. What can I do about this?

OpenSuse Tumbleweed 20240326
kdenlive 24.02.1 AppImage

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I also get dark icons; barely visible without mousing-over each button individually.

I do not have this problem when I run Kdenlive 24.02.1 Appimage in Ubuntu Studio, nor do I have this problem when I run Kdenlive 24.02.1 in Windows 11 23H2.

I can confirm GUI icons and buttons remain dark when a dark theme is selected. See image.

Ubuntu MATE 20.04.6 using the Flatpak of Kdenlive 24.02.1.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing a similar problem, but with LibreOffice Flatpak. I use Dark theme system wide, but LibreOffice is now stuck in Light mode.
Even trying to force the theme in Options > LibreOffice > View > Appearance is useless.

Buttons are always in Light theme, and only icons on the buttons follow the theme.

I’m using Neon User Edition.

Thank you all for your replies. So the bug is confirmed and apparently there is no immediate solution. Should I create an Issue?

If there’s already a bug report, linking to it here would be helpful.

If there is no bug report already, then creating one would be helpful.

Done : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=485016

Have you enabled this option? (see screenshot)
It usually fixed the problem once enabled.

For what it’s worth, on my system, “Force Breeze Icon Theme” enabled or disabled doesn’t fix the dark icons problem.

System: Kernel: 6.5.0-1mx-ahs-amd64 [6.5.3-1~mx23ahs] arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 12.2.0 parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-6.5.0-1mx-ahs-amd64 root=UUID=<filter> ro Desktop: Xfce v: 4.18.1 tk: Gtk v: 3.24.36 info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm v: 4.18.0 vt: 7 dm: LightDM v: 1.26.0 Distro: MX-23.2_ahs_x64 Libretto October 15 2023 base: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

I too had tested this option before posting my first message here, without success.

I confirm the bug with kdenlive-24.02.1-x86_64.AppImage.

Each time you modify your global theme, in Kdenlive go to Settings> Color Scheme, select any theme then reset it to Default, it will automatically pick the currently applied global theme.