Discover: Where to put information about developer of flatpak software

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to use flatpak to distribute a commercial application with a self-hosted flatpak repository. I’ve got almost everything working now, the only issue I still have is that Discover states that the application is developed by an “Unknown author”. I’ve tried both the <developer/> and <developer_name/> tags in the AppStream metainfo file, but neither had any effect.

Does anyone know which properties I need to add to my metainfo file to have Discover show the developer name? Currently my metainfo file has the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<component type="desktop-application">
  <id>io.volkert.multi_streamer</id>

<name>Multi-Streamer</name>
  <summary>a cross-platform tool for efficient multi-stream broadcast, conversion, routing and monitoring of real-time multimedia data</summary>

<metadata_license>FSFAP</metadata_license>
  <project_license>LicenseRef-proprietary</project_license>

<url type="homepage">https://multi-streamer.com/</url>
  <url type="contact">mailto://info@multi-streamer.com</url>

<icon type="stock">io.volkert.multi_streamer</icon>

<developer_name>Volkert Software</developer_name>

<requires>
    <internet>always</internet>
  </requires>

<recommends>
    <display_length compare="ge">768</display_length>
  </recommends>

<releases>
    <release type="stable" version="1.1.1" date="2023-12-23">
      <description>
          <p>Improvements:</p>
          <ul>
            <li>improved support for auto-reconnect in case of "receive from url" and a returning remote SRT/TCP server (listener)</li>
            <li>improved display of the current state of each individual video player</li>
            <li>improved support of YUV 4:4:4 chroma sub sampling for video encoding</li>
          </ul>

<p>Bug-fixes:</p>
          <ul>
            <li>make sure the video aspect ratio stays correct when switching between fullscreen and window mode playback</li>
            <li>fixed support of odd frame rates like 12.5 fps (esp., for IP cameras in night vision mode)</li>
            <li>fixed support of receiving RTSP streams from IP cameras containing H.264 video streams</li>
            <li>fixed video frame rate handling in case of hardware accelerated video decoding</li>
            <li>fixed releasing of previously allocated resources for video/audio device based inputs</li>
          </ul>
      </description>
    </release>
  </releases>

<launchable type="desktop-id">io.volkert.multi_streamer.desktop</launchable>
  <screenshots>
    <screenshot type="default">
      <image>https://multi-streamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Multi-Streaming.png</image>
    </screenshot>
  </screenshots>
</component>