Dolphin - fstab sshfs mount support

Hi,

I have sshfs mounts in fstab. Is there any support for this in Dolphin? In Gnome Files, I can see them under Other Locations.

Fedora 37
Dolphin 22.12.3

Thanks.

Just drag the location you’ve mounted it into the sidebar like any other folder I believe.

The thing is that I have them in fstab with noauto, I have too many to mount them all so I just mount the ones that I work on on a specific day. I do the same with nfs mounts in fstab and they show up fine in Dolphin under Remote. I don’t understand why I can’t get the same behavior with sshfs.

Thanks for your help.

I guess that is missing is someone who implement the behavior (Maybe you :wink: )

I wish I had the skills :expressionless:

At least now I know that it’s not something that I did not setup properly. I’ll submit to https://bugs.kde.org/ in wishlist and hope it makes it’s way on a future release.

Thanks again!

Oh if you don’t have them auto-mounting just create shortcuts in the Dolphin sidebar. The location syntax is just fish://my-server/home/me for example.

I tried that and it’s not the same as a mount. Most software can’t open files from it and don’t handle the path correctly.

I guess I’ve only ever used it to transfer files and edit the odd text file and I’ve had no issues. You seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place :slight_smile:

See People keep manually mounting network shares, causing hangs, and then blaming KDE code for it (#71) · Issues · Plasma / Plasma Desktop · GitLab.

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no KIO slave for sshfs (and fish is not a good replacement).