Dolphin not opening windows centred

I think I may have found a bug in Dolphin 26.04.3.

In System Settings - Window Management - Window Behaviour - Advanced, I have Window placement set to Centred. However, when I open a new Dolphin file manager window, it does not appear centred on the screen.

System:

Fedora Linux 43 Kinoite
KDE Plasma 6.7.4
KDE Frameworks 6.29.0
Qt 6.10.3
Kernel 7.1.13-100.fc43.x86_64
Wayland
Dolphin 26.04.3

Is this expected behaviour, or could this be a regression/bug in Dolphin?

Do you have this box checked as well? Since Dolphin sure seems to support it:

image

yeah if dolphin is remembering its own geometry it will ignore the plasma centered placement.

check System Settings → Window Management → Window Behavior (or Window Rules) for anything like allow apps to remember their own positions, and also try closing all dolphin windows then wiping the dolphinrc window size/pos keys if theyre stuck. usually that brings centered back.

FYI, in Wayland the window placement is not chosen by applications.
The compositor is in charge of it.

The session-restore wayland protocol allow applications to save a state under a name, without accessing to the actual data. But all pieces are not there yet.

Qt work (that will affect KDE applications) is under review https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/746624

Thank you all for the proposed fixes. Unfortunately, this is a bug related to KWin, as reported here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525036

It should be fixed in Plasma 6.8.