Dolphin: save panels layout dimensions

Hi guys,
is there a way to save the Dolphin layout as dimensions?
I mean that every time I open it, I’ve this panels spacing

This is what I’d like to have every time I open it

At the moment I’ve to move that separator every time I open Dolphin. I’d like to avoid this.

Thanks in advance.

when you hit F7 what happens to the folders panel? have you tried unlocking it, sizing it how you want and then locking it again?

my folders panel pops in and out in the same place at the same size as before and this all persists from one instance to the next of dolphin… it could be a config file issue with your system if it’s not doing that.

also helps if you can paste your “about” system info

Thank you, I should be able to try tonight.

The folder panel will always resize, no matter how you do the settings in Dolphin. It will revert to its default. With that I mean that if you opened a subfolder and scrolled down, it won’t be saved when you start dolphin again. It will restart in default view. The panel height will remain, not the section.

i must be doing something wrong.

the panel height/width as well as the folder selected all return from their last state when i restart dolphin.

but then i have in my dolphin configuration to re-open folders, tabs and window state on startup.

Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.10
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.104.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 6.5.0-25-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

Doesn’t work for me on kubuntu 23.10. Then again, a lot doesn’t work on that one. Works on debian. That is, when dolphin is set to open previous state, the folder view is where I left it, but the panel height does reset to small(er).

with backports i’m basically at 23.10 on plasma, so the difference is my frameworks, gear and Qt versions.

wonder if that has something to do with it.

Could you please report this as a bug Log in to KDE Bugtracking System

Component general.

This is kind of the same as 430969 – Dolphin doesn't remember places panel width but for height.

Done!
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=483383

It seems resolved with latest updates.
Have I to do something to close the bug or devs will do this?