When windows are in a transformed state such as the “genie” effect, when wobbly windows are being moved, or when entering an overview mode, blurred backgrounds for that window are suspended for the duration of that effect. For windows with transparent backgrounds, decorations, etc, this is quite jarring. This task is to ensure KWin background blur works uninterrupted for the visual lifetime of a window.
A semitransparent terminal with background blur enabled may be a good test case.
This bug report references one aspect of this issue:
- The payment for this work will be $75cad, paid via paypal (willing to work with other payment systems, but need-to-know first).
- Wayland-only solutions are acceptable.
- Should work for all out-of-box effects (minimization, wobbling, overviews, etc.)
- Should work for all apps/themes that use the KWin blur API.
- Apps not using the KWin blur API are exempted.