Extract Clip Behavior

I’m coming from DaVinci Resolve and I’m trying to replicate a specific behavior from there. When I select a clip, right click and click “Extract Clip”, the clip is removed and all clips after it on the timeline are shifted back by the length of the extracted clip. This works as expected, my problem is that the playhead stays in the same place when doing this. In Resolve, the playhead is shifted back by the length of the extracted clip, and I’ve found this behavior really useful. Is there a setting to replicate this behavior? I’ve searched high and low but couldn’t find it. Adding this feature as an option would significantly help my workflow. Thanks!

There is no setting for that, unfortunately.

You can create a wish list item for this in the bug tracker and hope that someone picks it up and implements it :wink:

1 Like

Alright, wish list has been filed and merge request has been submitted. Looks like a clean implementation, I hope it gets merged soon.

1 Like