Fingerprint problem during enroll

Hello, i am running into a problem each time i try to enroll a new finger for authentication.
I can press Add a new finger, I can select the finger, and for a short period of time the sensor recognizes my touches, but after like one second I get prompted an error:
Screenshot_20230418_153138

My system infos:
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.4
Kernel Version: 5.19.0.40-generic
Graphics Platform : X11
System Version: IdeaPad5 15ARE05

Some journalctl logs:
apr 18 15:29:38 kejioz-lenovo dbus-daemon[816]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name=ā€˜net.reactivated.Fprintā€™ unit=ā€˜fprintd.serviceā€™ requested by ā€˜:1.97ā€™ (uid=1000 pid=2661 comm="/usr/bin/systemsettings kcm_users " label=ā€œunconfinedā€)
apr 18 15:29:41 kejioz-lenovo fprintd[2676]: Authorization denied to :1.97 to call method ā€˜Releaseā€™ for device ā€˜ElanTech Fingerprint Sensorā€™: Device was not claimed before use
apr 18 15:29:50 kejioz-lenovo fprintd[2676]: Failed to clear storage before first enrollment: Device has no storage.
apr 18 15:29:50 kejioz-lenovo fprintd[2676]: Device reported an error during identify for enroll: Calibration failed!

NOTE
I installed fprintd and the libpmo, and I also checked that my fingerprint device is compatible.

You should file a bug report I think

Do you know how to do this?

Maybe you need to update the fingerprint reader firmware:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_(Gen_7)#Fingerprint_sensor

(yes, itā€™s not your model, butā€¦)

Thanks for the help,
I just checked on the same website for my specific model, and I found this :
Screenshot_20230418_172458
But i saw on fprintd documentation that my fingerprint sensor ( ID 04f3:0c58 Elan Microelectronics Corp. ELAN:Fingerprint) was supported.
This might mean that itā€™s a lenovo specific problem?

List in lifprint ā€” Supported Devices includes devices from libfprintā€™s development version. This might be a problem.
A non updated firmware might be also a problem.
And of course, could be any other problem.
I can say that my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 fingerprint worked after a firmware update (but itā€™s other model than yours).

Oh yes I think thatā€™s it. Iā€™m currently using the stable version, so I think that the driver for my Lenovo is still being developed. Also I checked with fwupd that all my firmwares are updated. I guess I just have to wait, thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like