Gwenview "Open Containing Folder" misbehaving on one system

Greetings KDE - I have a bit of a strange problem with Gwenview

gwenview -v
gwenview 21.12.3

that is occurring on only one of my 5 systems running KDE - Plasma under OpenSuSE 15.4.

Operating System: openSUSE Leap 15.4
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.21-150400.24.97-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 530

When I select/show a number >1 of images and then ask Gwenview to open the containing folder, instead of showing a single file browser window with all the selected images highlighted (selected) this one recalcitrant system is showing me multiple file browsing windows with just one of the selected images highlighted in each window. I.E. if I select 5 images with Gwenview, and then ask it to open the containing folder for these 5 images, I am getting 5 windows opened, each showing just one of the selected files highlighted.

How do I change the behavior of this instance of Gwenview back to doing the normal thing of opening a single file browser window with all of my selected files highlighted? Typically I am wanting to rename the group of selected images, which is impossible to do with this paradigm of opening one file browsing window for each selected image!

Thanks in advance for all attempts to guide me out of this mess! Marc…

Are all the other systems running a version of Plasma newer than 5.24? It might be a but that was fixed within the last year.

Thanks ngraham for your thought, much appreciated. To answer your question, no, all of my systems are running the exact same version of Plasma, 5.24.4

I had a feeling. I asked because I have a vague memory of this problem in the past. So I’m equally vaguely suspecting that it will be fixed once you upgrade to Plasma 5.27.