How to completely remove global themes

Everything we’re talking about is mostly volunteer, or very lightly-sponsored, projects. Everything we’re talking about also mostly works for most users - otherwise Google results would be filled with answers to your questions already. Nothing is perfect - but an open-source community can build toward really great solutions by either coming together around a common project, or by being frustrated by limitations and forking/building from scratch some new innovation.

I can understand how if you see things such as being unable to stop yourself from clicking a specific context menu item on the trash can, not using the built-in Autostart feature because you need to use a specific script to mount certain drives and launch very specific applications in a certain order, and calling the inability to toggle full-screen mode in an image viewer with specifically the middle mouse button “crippling” as being relevant to a broad user base and being of high severity to that user base, then you’d feel that others should have a sense of urgency about them…but they’re just not common/general concerns, and the constant catastrophizing language wouldn’t be helpful either way - for you, or for folks trying to help you.

I like my set ways as much as anyone, but I’m sorry, feeling “completely crippl[ed]” by a disruption in hotkey functions for a specific one of multiple background audio applications just isn’t healthy. But regardless, if these issues are catastrophic to your personal state, then I would encourage you to leverage that into building something new and better. Or encourage whoever is paying you to run those intricate sequences of scripts and programs to sponsor work that would make your job easier!

Also, I lied before about being done saying this - switch from Debian KDE, otherwise you will be stuck on outdated versions of high-velocity software for years :slight_smile:

4 Likes