How to prevent automatic font installation upon "Time" locale change?

I have to have my Time format set to a fairly strange format (as How to change system time format to specific standard? - #2 by Duha describes) due to How to change system time format to specific standard? - #14 by rokejulianlockhart. Doing so causes systemsettings to automatically attempt to install the fonts of that locale:

However, I didn’t change my language. Just my time and date format. I don’t want to install new fonts merely because now my dates are YYYY-MM-DD, not DD/MM/YYYY.

They explained it in the other thread.
You set “Time” to en_DK.UTF-8.

But what was not clearly communicated in that thread, was that there are 2 different configs (at least on my system).
The settings you change is located in ~/.config/plasma-localerc.
Then there is also the SYSTEM locale, depending on what distro you are on, mine is in /etc/locale.conf.

None of that has anything to do with fonts though.
You should not have to install any fonts if you do above.

Edit
Wait, you want the other way around. Then en_US.UTF-8 is probably what you want (if you want YYYY-MM-DD) or maybe C will work. I’m not sure how KDE will handle C though.

How to prevent automatic font installation upon "Time" locale change? - #2 by bedna

@bedna,

…so why do you mention it, then?

I don’t know what you’re referring to. You didn’t aforedisclose any instructions.

What do you mean “what I want”? I’ve stated what I want — to not have the kcm_ install fonts when I choose a new the time preset.

Because you don’t seem to understand how locales on linux works.

Exactly. You need to learn more.

Yeeeeeeah, good luck finding help with that attitude.

How to prevent automatic font installation upon "Time" locale change? - #4 by bedna

@bedna,

What supposed attitude? I attempted to answer your question! I realize that limits to FAQ - KDE Discuss exist, but if you’re to criticise my personality, at least have the decency to elaborate. Passive aggression does us no good. Might you cease that?

That sentence is rather fundamentally nonsensical, because locales aren’t handled by the kernel in any manner, to my knowledge, and the scope of this question is solely that of the DE, more specifically, that of KDE Plasma 5.

Then explain. What does merely stating such unactionable advice provide to either of us?

Don’t respond unless you intend to be courteous. Anything but that can only be explained as infantile stubbornness. I am willing to forget any ill will if you do.