KDE Connect Empty, Errors when ran via cli

KDE Connect is Empty

Running kdeconnect-app via command line returns the following after displaying the GUI.

error activating kdeconnectd: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled", "Process org.kde.kdeconnect received signal 6")
error activating kdeconnectd: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildSignaled", "Process org.kde.kdeconnect received signal 6")
kdeconnect.interfaces: dbus interface not valid
QQuickItem::stackBefore: Cannot stack QQuickRectangle(0x55ef486d85e0, parent=0x55ef481a1f10, geometry=0,0 0x0) before QQuickPopupItem(0x55ef48385530), which must be a sibling
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kdeconnect/DBusProperty.qml:48: ReferenceError: write is not defined

Running /usr/lib/kdeconnectd returns the following:

new capabilities for  "Android"
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  /usr/lib/kdeconnectd
  • I have tried installing kdeconnect from the extra repo and the AUR but the issue is the same.

• I also have tried adding the following to my /etc/environment, as I saw a similar post that mentioned it could be a problem with Wayland.

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb

I hope you can help me, I am really looking forward to use KDE Connect for school presentations. Thank you very much, and I apologize for any mistakes as English is not my first language.

1 Like

Can anyone help me resolve this problem? Very much appreciated.

I don’t have the answer, but running /usr/lib/kdeconnectd manually worked for me on Alpine Linux, on Wayland (so Wayland probably isn’t your issue).