KDE Connect new feature for pending transfers when no connection available

Hi! Thanks to the KDE Connect team.
I use it mainly to thansfer files and make backups localy to not upload anything to the “clouds”. Using LAN one can transfer the files only if the devices are synched, and because I dont use cloud services, usually I don’t have the phone and laptop in use at the same time. So… I think it would be a very useful feature to transfer, say a file from my phone to the laptop even if the laptop is not on, saving a pending transfer until connection is available.
Thas it. I don’t know if it is convenient to open another topic for another feature Im looking for, wich is a selective files and folders backup from the phone to the computer in a scheduled period.

THANKS!

Perhaps Syncthing suits your usage better. It syncs selected folders between your phone and laptop (and any number of devices) in the background, whenever both devices have internet connection. They are not required to be in the same LAN.

So if you want to send a file from your phone to the laptop, you just copy the file into a synced folder. Syncthing will transfer the file when your laptop goes online.

1 Like

I’ve read about Syncthing and thought it couldn’t work without an internet connection over LAN, which is why I chose Kde Connect. But I checked again, and I see it is possible. Thanks!

You could install a Nextcloud Server (e.g. GitHub - nextcloud/all-in-one: Nextcloud AIO stands for Nextcloud All-in-One and provides easy deployment and maintenance with most features included in this one Nextcloud instance. ) on your Laptop and use the Nextcloud App to sync your files in your LAN.

Technically this is kind of a cloud service, but the syncing would be done in your LAN.

1 Like